Founded in 2003, Praedium has been dedicated since its inception to investing in complex situations.
Praedium invests its own "creative capital" and funds from individual and institutional investors to create long-term value for people, companies, and society by recovering the value of industries, assets, brands, and legal rights.
Headquartered in Barcelona (Spain), Praedium benefits from tremendous in-house expertise in complex legal and financial solutions in a broad range of sectors.
The main milestones in its history have been:
● 2000 - transformation of the old gas factory La Catalana, Bcn.
● 2002 - acquisition of land in the future hotel area of Port Forum
● 2006 - acquisition of the Puigneró and IAR Ibérica factories, to recover disused industrial land (90,000+70,000 m2)
● 2008 acquisition of Transportes Mateu (in the 22@ district of Bcn) to develop a 23,000m2 office complex
● Acquisition of Nylstar S.L., in 2009, which was founded as SAFA in 1923, with factory in Blanes (Girona), produces polyamide 6.6 yarns for the sport and fashion industry, recognized worldwide with the Meryl® brand.
● Acquisition of Lupo Shops S.L., in 2013, owner of the Lupo Barcelona® brand. It has its own factory of bags and accessories, as well as shops in the main areas of Barcelona.
● Acquisition of Montefibre Hispania S.A., in 2015, founded in 1973 (as part of the Montefibre SpA group, world leader in the textile fibres sector since 1955) in Miranda de Ebro (Burgos), where it produces acrylic fibres for the textile industry, marketed under the Leacril® brand
● In 2018, after initiating a collaboration with ORNL (Oak Ridge National Laboratory), in a project inspired by the United States Department of Energy (US DoE), and in the framework of a Cooperative Research and Development Agreement (CRADA), Praedium decides to undertake in the world of carbon fibre.
● At the end of 2018, Praedium acquires a complete and autonomous Production Unit in Miranda de Ebro, previously owned by Montefibre Hispania S.A., in order to transform it and become a precursor and carbon fibre manufacturer.
● At the beginning of 2019, the LT and ULT [CARBON FIBER] Project is launched, financed through the Reindus 2018 application, for the transformation of the acquired facilities towards the production of carbon fibre precursor (PAN), in the modality of large and ultra large tows.
● In 2020 Praedium gets aprproval for 11.5M€ of new funding to develop Aerospace grade Carbon Fiber through the Reindus 2019 application